Steve is an up and coming producer from Iasi, Romania. Aged 20, this techno young gun has only one goal, to make people dance. Both his productions and mixes are characterised by his ability to carefully select deep and well arranged grooves.
Steve on Facebook
Thank you for taking the time!
Through this interview, we’re hoping to get to know you better as an artist; we’d like you to complete it in full, but, if you come across any question that you don’t feel comfortable answering, there’s not a problem, just skip it!
Also, since many of our Tzinah artists’ native tongue is not English, we take the liberty of correcting any typos/spelling/word arranging errors in editing the final version of your answers; don’t worry, it happens! We’re just trying to make it as clear and as concise as possible for our readers.
Tzinah Records: To start with, please, recommend us something to listen to while we go through this interview. It can be anything.
Steve: A timeless classic!
Tzinah Records: Could you remember when and where have you felt it for the first time that you were to become a music artist?
Steve: I can’t seem to remember if I felt that I were to become a music artist. I sort of felt the need to express myself through sound and vibration.
Tzinah Records: Why did you choose to create and play this particular type of music? Are there any artists that touched you deeply while developing your own style?
Steve: My style if far away from refining but if there’s one artist that I’m looking up to, that would undoubtedly be Barac.
Tzinah Records: Please, briefly, describe for us, the current state of the underground music scene in the place you come from. Is it any good?
Steve: The underground scene in Iasi ( my hometown where I’m currently residing ) is thriving ! There are the big guys like MaiVenim and Dubla that organise parties throughout the season. But there are also secret parties organised during the summer. There are big name artists here also, we have Iuly.B which I personally respect, Cosmjn & Lizz which are both in the Sunrise rooster, the people’s favorite Paicu, Hippnotik with his mesmerising grooves, the ever-evolving Groovesh and just so many more around here, each with their own take on minimal music.
Tzinah Records: Without giving out too much about your secret weapons, please tell us how does the magic work in your production routine. Software? Analog? What does your DJ set-up imply?
Steve: Sometimes I write melody and see where it goes but most of the time to be honest, I’m doing textures and weird bleeps and bloops and then work it from there. When I play you can usually find me on 3 channels, be it CDJs or Vinyl.
Tzinah Records: What are the aspects of your daily life that are influencing the shape and sound of the music that you currently make?
Steve: Nature inspires me greatly, people enchant me also but solitude and introspection make the best tracks. There is nothing more special in my opinion than projections of the perfect sunrise accompanied by the music that you’re producing.
Tzinah Records: Which underground house DJ or producer would you love to take out for a summer picnic? With which artist (from any music genre) would you spend 24 hours stuck in an elevator?
Steve: Raresh lets go!!! If I were to get stuck in an elevator for 24hrs it would be Thom Yorke, maybe then I’d finally became a syncopate.
Tzinah Records: What motivates you to be an active part of the underground movement?
Steve: It’s always about the vibe. I didn’t think I’d be involved if it weren’t simply put just for the music.
Tzinah Records: What’s your favorite type of breakfast?
Steve: Tortilla with hummus, and a side of tomatoes and olives.
Tzinah Records: What do you do when the music is not playing?
Steve: When the music is not playing, most of the time you’ll find me reading. I recently finished for the 4th time 1984 written by George Orwell and everytime I’m done with it, my perception of the world radically changes. There is so much more out there, than you think or that you see.
Tzinah Records: What’s the story behind your Tzinah Family Podcast? How did you record it and are there released or unreleased tracks?
Steve: Recorded on a sunny Sunday morning in my backyard with some great friends alongside. In it you’ll find I hope an audible story!
Tzinah Records: Supposing you come back reading this interview in 10 years from now; could you try saying something to your future-self?
Steve: Dreams are dreams unless you stop dreaming :)
TZINAH RECORDS RECENT UPDATES:
- Osvit // Interview // Tzinah Podcast // October 2018 //
- TZH106 // Exander – Time and Place EP incl. Deaf Pillow
- OCT 27: TzinahShowcase with Love from: Alex Rusu, Primarie, M-Phunk
- TZH105 // VA – Tzinah Diving Deep Session Two
- Primarie // Tzinah Podcast // September 2018
- TZH104 // Zgaav – Vast Horizons EP incl. Primarie
- Alex Simori // Interview // Tzinah Podcast // August 2018 //
- AUG 24: A Little Techno meets Tzinah Showcase
- TZH103 // Petit Batou – Fantastic Tales EP incl. Crescent
- Manuel De Lorenzi // Interview // Tzinah Podcast // July 2018 //
- Steve // Inteview // Tzinah Podcast // June 2018 //
- TZH102 // Vern – Precious Time EP incl. Sacke
- Ghosthorse // Interview // Tzinah Podcast // June 2018 //
- TZH101 // VA – Collectzinah Session Two
- BRYZ // Interview // Tzinah Podcast // May 2018 //
- JUN 16: #TzinahShowcase with Love from ***Privid, Dragutesku, Deez
- TZH100 // VA – Tzinah Family
- TZH099 // Primarie – Steaua de Mare EP incl. Herck
- TZH098 // Crescent – Peransamblu EP incl. Petar Milicevic
- Cossmos // Interview // Tzinah Podcast // April 2018 //
- Tzinah Records Merch at DizzyJam
- TZH097 // Sacke – Lirica In Cod Binar EP
- 16 MAR: T N A pres. Tzinah Showcase w. Love from Funk E & Primarie
- TZHA005 // Niko Maxen – Thank You Life LP
- TZH096 // vlf – Neva Eva EP incl. Primarie
- vlf // Tzinah Podcast // February 2018 //
- TZH095 // VA – Tzinah Under-Grande Session Four
- Seia // Interview // Tzinah Podcast // January 2018 //
- TZH094 // BRYZ – Special Gold EP incl. Primarie
- Petrutt // Interview // Tzinah Podcast // January 2018 //