Born in Lima, Peru, GhostHorse is the consolidation of a project formed by Carlos De la Cruz, which seeks to explore various auditory experiences, where darkness and minimalism dominate in its sessions and productions, which aims to tell stories and allow listeners to reinterpret it.
GhostHorse on Facebook
Tzinah Records: To start with, please, recommend us something to listen to while we go through this interview. It can be anything.
GhostHorse: Radiohead – Who and whose army?
Tzinah Records: Could you remember when and where have you felt it for the first time that you were to become a music artist?
GhostHorse: I think it was around the last years of high school, I used to play for some friends, then I started collecting vinyl’s and my love for music made me look for constant self-training to develop my skills.
Tzinah Records: Why did you choose to create and play this particular type of music? Are there any artists that touched you deeply while developing your own style?
GhostHorse: I needed to express myself through music production, to show my own interpretation of what some songs made me feel, songs that touch my innermost layers. I have tones of references, I listen to different genres but I’m specially influenced by Depeche Mode, Pink Floyd and Radiohead.
Tzinah Records: Please, briefly, describe for us, the current state of the underground music scene in the place you come from. Is it any good?
GhostHorse: Local scene in Lima – Perú, is constantly changing. It’s developing with different music collective’s support and we’ve created a pretty nice community. You can find diversity, but definitely need more spaces to construct a more solid circuit.
Tzinah Records: Without giving out too much about your secret weapons, please tell us how does the magic work in your production routine. Software? Analog? What does your DJ set-up imply?
GhostHorse: I combine both analog and software. I use Ableton Live to produce, some synths, drum machine and traditional native instruments. When I mix music, I use 2 CDJ, 2 turntables and a mixer.
Tzinah Records: What are the aspects of your daily life that are influencing the shape and sound of the music that you currently make?
GhostHorse: My daily life is full of different emotions, I find melancholy very inspiring.
Tzinah Records: Which underground house DJ or producer would you love to take out for a summer picnic? With which artist (from any music genre) would you spend 24 hours stuck in an elevator?
GhostHorse: It would be amazing to chat with Ricardo Villalobos, he’s awesome. About being stuck in an elevator, I don’t think it would be a good experience for any of us.
Tzinah Records: Have you already played in your most-dreamed about venue? Which one is that?
GhostHorse: Not yet, I guess it will flow. I’ll identify it in the right moment.
Tzinah Records: What motivates you to be an active part of the underground movement?
GhostHorse: People open minded willing to listen to new sounds.
Tzinah Records: What’s your favorite type of breakfast?
GhostHorse: That depends on where am I, but its basic to get a cup of coffee.
Tzinah Records: What do you do when the music is not playing?
GhostHorse: It almost never stops playing, music is with me everytime.
Tzinah Records: What’s the story behind your Tzinah Family Podcast? How did you record it and are there released or unreleased tracks?
GhostHorse: Tracks from some peruvian friends like Slavko, Ricardo (He did), Alejandro Cuestas and Marcelo Arias.
Tzinah Records: Are there any of your plans/upcoming projects that you would like to share with us? Where can we see you play next?
GhostHorse: My partner Slavko and I have a music project called Tuxpa, we share peruvian producer’s releases. And individually, I have a vinyl release on the way.
Tzinah Records: Supposing you come back reading this interview in 10 years from now; could you try saying something to your future-self?
GhostHorse: Passion will always be your engine.
TZINAH RECORDS RECENT UPDATES:
- TZH115 // VA – Tzinah Diving Deep Session Three
- APR 19: Silence invite Tzinah showcase Bryz and Primarie 6h set & Yahed
- TZH114 // Avidel – Red Sunshine EP
- Dragusanu // Interview // Tzinah Podcast // April 2019 //
- TZH113 // Sebastian Eric – Strawberry Effects EP incl. Primarie
- TZH112 // Dragusanu – Art Gallery EP incl. BRYZ remix
- TZH111 // Paradoxal – Prey at Night EP incl. Primărie
- Sebastian Paiza // Interview // Tzinah Podcast // January 2019 //
- TZH110 // VA – Tzinah Under-Grande Xmas Edition
- Tito Mazzetta // Interview // Tzinah Podcast // December 2018
- TZH109 // Mera – Steady Poison EP incl. Dragutesku
- Enivrèz Vous // Interview // Tzinah Podcast // November 2018 //
- TZH108 // Octave – Toomanie EP incl. Gabi.B, Libe
- TZH107 // Pierre C – Drones EP incl. Crescent
- Osvit // Interview // Tzinah Podcast // October 2018 //
- TZH106 // Exander – Time and Place EP incl. Deaf Pillow
- OCT 27: TzinahShowcase with Love from: Alex Rusu, Primarie, M-Phunk
- TZH105 // VA – Tzinah Diving Deep Session Two
- Primarie // Tzinah Podcast // September 2018
- TZH104 // Zgaav – Vast Horizons EP incl. Primarie
- Alex Simori // Interview // Tzinah Podcast // August 2018 //
- AUG 24: A Little Techno meets Tzinah Showcase
- TZH103 // Petit Batou – Fantastic Tales EP incl. Crescent
- Manuel De Lorenzi // Interview // Tzinah Podcast // July 2018 //
- Steve // Inteview // Tzinah Podcast // June 2018 //
- TZH102 // Vern – Precious Time EP incl. Sacke
- Ghosthorse // Interview // Tzinah Podcast // June 2018 //
- TZH101 // VA – Collectzinah Session Two
- BRYZ // Interview // Tzinah Podcast // May 2018 //
- JUN 16: #TzinahShowcase with Love from ***Privid, Dragutesku, Deez